The Centre of New Technologies is looking for a highly motivated person to operate of the Next Generation Sequencing Core Facility, which is a high throughput laboratory providing cutting edge next generation technologies to the Center of New Technologies – University of Warsaw.
Scientific discipline: Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Next Generation Sequencing
Job type (employment contract/stipend): employment contract
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration/stipend amount/month: salary adequate to the level of experience
Position starts on: As soon as possible
Institution: Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw
The Research Specialist will be responsible for:
• Assisting with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) as part of the core facility's operation; current platforms include the NovaSeq 6000 system (Illumina);
• Managing ongoing daily activities including sequencer set up, maintenance of equipment, freezer management, use of established protocols, sample quality control and troubleshooting of problems with direct coordination of the supervisor;
• Cooperating with scientists and external parties, including commercial entities; demonstrating activity in the implementation of scientific projects and provision of commercial services;
• Adhering to strict safety protocols and may require the use of personal protective equipment.
• MSc graduate in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Chemistry-related.
• PhD degree or a strong relevant experience in biomedical science / bioinformatics / math / computer science-related field;
• Molecular biology experience with NGS, sample and library quality control, and sequencing machine set up;
• Proficiency utilizing onboard sequencer set up, core or service facility experience;
• Experience with multiple next generation sequencing platforms, including Illumina NextSeq or HiSeq;
• Experience with sample preparation for NGS sequencing.
• Strong organizational skills;
• Experience with basic molecular biology techniques and working knowledge of basic computer skills: Microsoft Office, especially Excel. The ideal candidate must have the ability to organize, track and utilize reagents and samples for high-throughput analysis in support of genomic studies and in DNA sequencing, data review and stringent record keeping.
• Cover letter,
• Reference contacts.
• Attractive salary adequate to presented skills and experience;
• Stable employment.
Please submit the following documents to: email@example.com.
Application deadline: 23th December 2018.
We will contact selected candidates only.
For more details about the position please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in your offer:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw.
I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), University of Warsaw hereby informs:
1. The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at
Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
2. The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com; 3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw; 4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labor Code (uniformed text: Journal of Laws of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data; 5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labor Code is mandatory, and the remaining
data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data; 6. The data will not be shared with any external entities; 7. The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data; 8. You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing,
object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time; 9. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of