You will join to the project entitled “Development of new methods for designing RNA molecules that fold into desired spatial structures and their use for development of new functional RNAs and for prediction of noncoding RNAs in transcriptome sequences", which is carried out as the OPUS 2017/25/B/NZ2/01294 grant of the Polish National Science Center. The goal of the project is to develop and test in practice a new method for designing RNA molecules with programmed structures and functions. You will be involved in collaborative work on software development (coding in C/C++ and in Python) and in computational design/modeling of RNA 3D structures. We provide opportunities for interdisciplinary collaborations within the team, in the institute (with software developers, molecular modelers, and experimentalists), as well as with international partners.
The PhD student will be selected from candidates in an open competition, according to the procedure complying the rules for granting scholarships for young scientists in research projects funded by the National Science Centre (NCN Council Resolution No. 96/2016 dated October 27, 2016 r.) and the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence.
We are hosted by IIMCB (http://iimcb.gov.pl), the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institute in biology, with cutting-edge equipment and facilities, in particular for bioinformatics, experimental molecular and structural biology.
- MSc degree (or equivalent) in computer science, physics, molecular biology, chemistry or related area (defended before the start of the work on the project)
- Eligibility for PhD studies in Poland under the supervision of prof. Bujnicki
- Documented experience in programming (preferably Python and/or C/C++). However, knowledge of Python or C/C++ is not mandatory, and experience with other programming languages will also be considered, but the candidate must be willing to learn C/C++.
- A proactive approach to achieving tasks and objectives, good interpersonal skills, collaborative attitude.
- Experience in bioinformatics, molecular modeling, data analysis etc. is advantageous, but not essential.
- Priority will be given to candidates with expertise most relevant to the project and to the profile of the laboratory
- Have very good written and oral communication in English
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
- Full-time PhD scholarship for 36 months
- 3500 PLN of full stipend cost per month
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
- Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is November 4th, 2018. Job starting date is December, 2018.
How to apply:
- Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject include "PhD-OPUS-RNAbioinfo" and your first and last name.
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contacts to at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors.
- Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
- Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
- The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.
Substantive inquiries can be addressed directly to Prof. Janusz M. Bujnicki, Head of Laboratory email@example.com
In administrative matters please contact Katarzyna Fiedorowicz, Head of HR Unit firstname.lastname@example.org