As many great things in life, #NGSchool started from a hangout and discussion over a beer with bunch of friendly people. The idea was born over lunch in Bratislava, back in summer 2015. The initial motivation behind #NGSchool was to organise excellent & affordable training in Bioinformatics for young, talented scientists. While there were many great hands-on courses in Bioinformatics at the time, all of them were expensive, especially for researchers from Central & Eastern European Countries. We decided to make a difference.
The very first Summer School in Bioinformatics & NGS Data Analysis (#NGSchool2016) was held on 14-21 Aug 2016 in Dolný Smokovec, Slovakia. #NGSchool2016 focused on general NGS data analysis. We have received over 80 applications from 15 countries, from which we selected 45 participants from 11 countries to attend #NGSchool2016.
The second event, #NGSchool2017, was held on 10-17 Sep 2017 in Jachranka. #NGSchool2017 focused on analysis of data from single-cell sequencing methods. We have received 205 applications from 42 countries, from these we selected 66 participants from 20 countries to attend #NGSchool2017.
In Spring 2018, in collaboration with RNA Club Warsaw we've organised series of RNA^NGS-focused workshops for biologists. In total, over 70 participants attended 4 workshops. Those events took place at IIMCB in Wasaw.
Currently we're working on #NGSchool2018 that will focus on Single molecule real-time sequencing & personalised medicine. In addition, for the first time we'll organise hackatons (MinION sequencing: from sample to results) and co-organise two satellites events.
Official #NGSchool events:
- #NGSchool2020 Sep 2020, Kiev, UA?
- #NGSchool2019 Sep 2019, Olomouc or Ostrava, CZ?
- #NGSchool2018: Nanopore sequencing & personalised medicine [16-23 Sep 2018, Lublin, PL]
- Nuclear landscapes [14-16 Sep 2018, Warsaw, PL]
- Data mining & machine learning [24-28 Sep 2018, Olomouc, CZ]
- #NGSchool2017: Single-cell sequencing [10-17 Sep 2017, Jachranka, PL]
- #NGSchool2016: General NGS data analysis [14-21 Aug 2016, High Tatras, SK]
- RNA Club meets #NGSchool [Mar-Apr 2018, Warsaw, PL]
If you wish to organise an event / workshop / conference together with us, don't hesitate to contact us with more details.