We’re organising a series of problem-oriented workshops focused on NGS data analysis in partnership with RNA Club Warsaw (@RNAClubWarsaw). Each workshop will consist of theoretical introduction (30-60 min) and hands-on training (2-3h). We’ll provide some toy examples, but you are encouraged to bring your own datasets. Keep in mind, analysing your own data may take more time than we’d have for each workshop. We’ll accommodate 15-20 participants on first-come-first-served basis for every event. Participants of previous workshops will be notify in advance.
Events & dates
All events will take place in IIMCB, Warsaw. After each workshop we'll move outside to continue discussions over a drink.
- 8 Feb 15:00-19:00: Introduction to Linux, Bioinformatics & NGS [Maciej Łapiński / Leszek Pryszcz
- 8 Mar 11:00-18:00: De novo genome/transcriptome assembly and annotation [Magdalena Płecha / Leszek Pryszcz]
- 9 Apr: 11:00-18:00: ChIP-seq data analysis [Maciej Łapiński] (
REGISTER HERE by 3 Apr)
- 15 May 10:00-16:00: RNA-seq data analysis [Maciej Migdał / Michał Pawlak]
- ?? Jun: ATAC-seq data analysis [Maciej Migdał / Michał Pawlak]
- ??? your ideas ???
The workshops are meant for total beginners. No prior experience in Bioinformatics or NGS is required, but you should be very motivated and dedicated. Bring your own laptop with at least 4GB of RAM, 20GB of space and Ubuntu 16.04 installed. You can install Ubuntu in Virtual Machine or install it as Windows program using Wubi on Windows XP, Vista & 7. Note, those alternatives come with certain limitations, so standard installation is recommended.
- Tomasz Wirecki, IIMCB, Warsaw, PL
- Adrianna Żyła, IIMCB, Warsaw, PL