Summer School in Machine Learning for Biomedicine (#NGSchool2019) will be held between 27 July and 3 August in Białobrzegi, Poland. We'll focus on machine learning techniques and their applications in Bioinformatics & NGS Data Analysis and personalised medicine. On top of that, we'll develop new methods for standing problems in NGS/Bioinformatics,.
This year, we are planning to host a 8-day event of the following scheme:
- Days 1 and 2 with introductory workshops held by the organizers intended to bring all participants to the same level;
- Days 3 through 5 with workshops and lectures on Machine Learning given by the invited speakers;
- Half of Day 6 - a breather - networking event (sailing or hiking, depending on the venue),
- Rest of Day 6, and Days 7 and 8 - 5 parallel hackathons (max. 6 participants per group) guided by the mentors, concluded by hackathon presentations and summary.
With the workshops we want to cover most, if not all, topics outlined in ESL (among others: regression, classification, models (additive, trees etc.), boosting, neural networks, unsupervised learning, and other related topics).
- Katarzyna Kędzierska, WCHG, OX, Oxford, GB
- Leszek Pryszcz, CRG, ES / IIMCB, PL
- Samantha Filipów, IITD PAN, Wrocław, PL
- Alina Frolova, IMBG, Kyiv, UA
- Maja Kuzman, University of Zagreb, HR
- Maciej Łapiński, IIMCB, Warsaw, PL
- Eugeniusz Tralle, IIMCB, Warsaw, PL
- German Demidov, University of Tuebingen, DE
Registration was opened on Monday, March 4, 12 PM CET. Applicants may fill and edit the form until 23:59 CET on May 1. We will notify all candidates whether their application was successful by mid-May. You can find more information about the selection procedure. You can register here.
As in the previous years, we have applied for the grant under Visegrad+ scheme. We did our best with the application and are hopeful to receive the funding. Visegrad has generously sponsored all 3 previous editions of #NGSchool - Summer School in Bioinformatics. If successful in securing this funding, the registration fee will be set to €100, as the grant will cover most of the event expenses. Unfortunately, the results of Visegrad grants won't be released until the first weeks of May and until then we won't know for certain if our application was successful.
We are working hard to secure other financial sources, we will share the results of our work on Facebook, Twitter and our website. Unfortunately, if our efforts won't be successful, we would have to raise the registration fee to cover the school expenses (up to €700). Our mission is to provide affordable, cutting-edge training and we understand that this is a lot of money. We will do our best in order to minimize the price while preserving the high standards of the school.
If you are interested in supporting NGSchool or would like to learn more, don't hesitate to contact us directly. We are looking forward to initiating rewarding and lasting professional relationships.
More information coming soon, so stay tuned!