Summer School in Bioinformatics & NGS Data Analysis (#NGSchool2018) will be held on 16-23 Sep 2018 at Medical University of Lublin, Poland (check Venue). In 2018, we'll focus on single molecule real-time sequencing & personalised medicine. Beside standard workshops, this year we'll organise MinION hackathons. Portable, single-molecule sequencing is the technology of today and tomorrow. Its countless applications, especially in precision medicine, stimulate the imagination. Sequencing can now reach beyond the sophisticated labs and we'd like to explore such possibilities (read more about our hackathons).
#NGSchool2018 will be attended by 60 participants (40 students and 20 lecturers). In the previous editions of the summer school (2016, 2017) we have received 290 applications in total from 42 countries. We expect even more applications this year.
Beside #NGSchool2018, we'll co-organise a satellite event, Nuclear Landscapes (14-16/09 in Warsaw, Poland). This conference will explore the links between sequence, structure and function of the human genome (read more).
The school will start ~2 pm on Sunday 16th and will conclude around noon on Sunday 23rd. Detailed program is here.
Confirmed speakers (list of hackathon mentors):
- Rosa Fernández, CRG, Barcelona, ES
Monika Gos, IMC, Warsaw, PL
- Andre Kahles, ETH, Zurich, CH
- Nikolay Kulemin, Zenome, Moscow, RU
- Paweł Łabaj, MCB, Cracow, PL
- Jozef Nosek, Comenius University, SK
- Eva Maria Novoa Pardo, Garvan, Sydney, AU / CRG, Barcelona, ES
- Stephan Ossowski, IMGAG, Tübingen, DE
- Andrey Prjibelski, SPSU, St. Petersburg, RU
- Fritz Sedlazeck, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
- Fran Supek, IRB, Barcelona, ES
- Robert Vaser, University of Zagreb, HR
Organisers & partners
- German Demidov, CRG, Barcelona, Spain
- Alina Frolova, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics of NASU, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Angelika Hałat, Gliwice, PL
- Katarzyna Kędzierska, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA
- Maja Kuzman, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Maciej Migdał, IIMCB, Warsaw, Poland
- Adrian Odrzywolski, Medical University of Lublin, Poland
- Leszek Pryszcz, IIMCB, Warsaw, Poland
Registration was opened from 3rd May to 30th June 2018. Please, secure enough time to fill out the form as some questions require considerable amount of thinking. Every year we receive several applicants per place, therefore we strongly recommend preparing your application well. You can read more about selection criteria here.
We are happy to announce that we received Visegrad+ grant from International Visegrad Fund, which means we can keep registration fee at minimum! Registration fee (€100) covers participation in all course-related activities, as well as, accommodation, meals and coffee breaks during the course. The registration fee can be waived depending on the personal circumstances of the applicant. In addition, a number of travel grants are available (the exact information will be announced shortly).
If you are interested in supporting #NGSchool or would like to learn more, please contact us directly. We are looking forward to initiating rewarding and lasting professional relationships.