Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics (https://zdglab.iimcb.gov.pl/) at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Cecilia L. Winata, is looking for Postdoctoral Fellow. We are looking for a motivated person to join to join the project entitled “Approaching integrative genomics to identify molecular drivers of congenital heart disease” which is carried out as the OPUS 2018/29/B/NZ2/01010 grant of the Polish National Science Centre, under the supervision of Michal Pawlak, PhD. The project provides unique opportunity to develop cutting-edge next-generation sequencing (NGS) techniques (scRNA-seq, ATAC-seq, CAGE) and bioinformatics tools under collaboration with team members and external collaborators (molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, data scientists and clinicians) from Poland and abroad both from academia and private sector.
1. A doctoral degree in biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics, statistics.
2. Strong expertise in at least one of following: genomics, bioinformatics, molecular biology (molecular cloning, NGS-library preparation etc.), programming (Bash, R and/or Python), experience with zebrafish (preferred but not obligatory).
3. Very good written and oral communication skills in English
4. Good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference).
5. At least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal.
- Job starting date is March 1st 2019.
- Full employment contract for 3 years
- Net salary about 5400 PLN/month
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
- Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
How to apply:
- Apply now to email@example.com; deadline: January 31st, 2019
- In the subject include "Postdoc_OPUS_ZDG" and your first and last name.
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contact details at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors
- Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
More details here: https://bit.ly/2EdM7dw