Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics (https://zdglab.iimcb.gov.pl/) at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Cecilia L. Winata, is looking for a PhD student to join the project entitled “Approaching integrative genomics to identify molecular drivers of congenital heart disease” which is carried out as the OPUS 2018/29/B/NZ2/01010 grant of the Polish National Science Centre, under the supervision of Michal Pawlak, PhD. The project provides unique opportunity to develop cutting-edge next-generation sequencing (NGS) techniques (scRNA-seq, ATAC-seq, CAGE) and bioinformatics tools under collaboration with team members and external collaborators (molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, data scientists and clinicians) from Poland and abroad both from academia and private sector.
1. A master degree in biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics or statistics.
2. Eligibility for Ph.D. studies in Poland
3. Expertise in at least one of following: genomics, bioinformatics, molecular biology (molecular cloning, NGS-library preparation etc.), programming skills (Bash, R and/or Python), experience with zebrafish (preferred but not obligatory).
4. Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- Job starting date is March 1st 2019.
- Full-time PhD scholarship for 3 years
- 4 500 PLN of full fellowship cost per month
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
- Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
How to apply:
- Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org, deadline: January 31st, 2019
- In the subject include "PhD_student_OPUS_ZDG" and your first and last name.
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contact to your MSc Supervisor.
- Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
More details here: https://bit.ly/2rupjhN