The Centre of New Technologies is looking for a highly motivated person to operate of the Next Generation Sequencing Core Facility, which is a high throughput laboratory providing cutting edge next generation technologies to the Center of New Technologies – University of Warsaw.
Scientific discipline: Bioinformatics, Next Generation Sequencing
Job type (employment contract/stipend): employment contract
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration/stipend amount/month: salary adequate to the level of experience
Position starts on: As soon as possible
Institution: Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw
• Responsible for providing bioinformatics support including project consultation, experimental design, data management and analysis of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data;
• Designing, developing and maintaining analysis workflows and software pipelines, in-house software development to support the analysis of NGS data;
• Providing the output computational analysis in a clear and concise manner and supporting the interpretation of results;
• Actively engaging in the training of users of the CeNT UW NGS Core Facility; supporting and promoting the use of the facility;
• Working effectively as a member of a team; following good laboratory practices and maintaining effective documentation of activities and analyses;
• Cooperating with scientists and external parties, including commercial entities; demonstrating activity in the implementation of scientific projects and provision of commercial services.
• PhD degree or a strong relevant experience in biomedical science/bioinformatics/ math/computer science related field;
• Experience in a biological research laboratory environment with a background in bioinformatics application development;
• Experience in genomic and sequence analysis such as RNA-seq, Exome-seq, Chip-seq and metagenomics analysis, construction of data processing pipelines, and quality control/quality assurance analysis;
• Hands-on experience in next generation sequencing analysis, including data quality assessment, sequencing data assembling, mapping, mutation and structural variation analysis, gene/transcript profiling and splicing analysis;
• Hands-on experience with commercial and open-source bioinformatics and NGS data analysis tools is required;
• Proficiency in Unix/Linux scripting;
• Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python, R, Java, PERL.
• Experience in NGS sequencing technology and molecular biology;
• Experience in genomic and transcriptomic sequencing technologies and data analyses;
• Experience in multi-omic data integration and complex data visualization;
• Familiarity with publically available data sources such as ENCODE, Ensembl, NCBI, TCGA, cBioPortal, Broad FireHose;
• Experience using cloud computing and/or high-performance computing systems for NGS analysis;
• Commitment to solving biological problems and communicating these solutions. Proven success in independent efforts and delivering high quality data with biological relevance to customers.
• Cover letter,
• Reference contacts.
• Attractive salary adequate to presented skills and experience;
• Stable employment.
Please submit the following documents to: email@example.com.
Application deadline: 23th December 2018.
We will contact selected candidates only.
For more details about the position please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in your offer:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw.
I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), University of Warsaw hereby informs:
1. The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at
Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa; 2. The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com; 3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw; 4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labor Code (uniformed text: Journal of Laws of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data; 5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labor Code is mandatory, and the remaining
data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data; 6. The data will not be shared with any external entities; 7. The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data; 8. You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing,
object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time; 9. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of