Preparing your workshop
- Workshop slots are typically 4 hours, this should include theoretical introduction (often 30 min will be more than enough) and practical exercises (here the more the better;) ).
- Each student will have a laptop with Ubuntu installed. Please, prepare your exercises so they can run even on older laptops in reasonable amount of time ie for de novo assembly workshop I'm using 100Kb region of one chromosome.
- Please, add the software you will need in your workshop to this list. We'll cover installation of all dependencies on Day 0.
- Let us know, if you need some help during your workshop.
Creating workshop materials
Adding new content
- Navigate to the book page under which you want to create content ie under Day 3.
- Press `Add child page`.
- Edit the content of new page.
- Optionally upload slides.
- Press `Save and publish`.
Adding nicely formatted source code / snippets of code
- Change `Text format` to `Full HTML`.
- Press `Insert code snippet` button.
- Select syntax language
- Paste your code & press OK.
Quick Edit: In-place editing of content
Drupal offers Quick Edit, meaning you can edit any content and see it's effect in the current browser window. I strongly recommend using it, as it's very handy. You can access it by clicking small pencil symbol in the top right corner of any content and selecting `Quick edit`.
Please upload all data related to your workshops into #NGSchool2017 GitHub repository https://github.com/NGSchoolEU/NGSchool2017-materials.